Let’s face it; we’re experiencing an economy that is different than anyone has seen in the past. This means there are new rules of engagement. Being good enough just doesn’t cut it anymore. Companies either lead or get left behind!
What most companies have learned is that the new economy is very unforgiving. Every sales and marketing flaw, mistake and missed opportunity results in companies paying dearly in lost sales, profits and customers. How is your company doing?
What can your company do to ensure success? Companies who are thriving now share many things in common including: having a clear sense of who they are, knowing who their customer is (and isn’t), understanding the market they compete in, and then aligning their sales and marketing efforts to uniquely communicate and deliver their solution. Simply put they have “Right Sized” their organization to deliver the right solution, to the right customer, at the right time and at the right price… and they do it in a way that ensures bottom line results and grows customer loyalty.
Here are nine factors you must have in place to “Right Size” your company for success.
- Right Mission, Vision and Values-Are your company’s Mission, Vision and Values aligned so that everybody in the organization understands and acts congruently with them? Every misalignment dissipates your company’s ITEAM (Information, Time, Energy, Attention and Motivation) and drains your profits.
- Right Customers-Do you know who your Ideal Customers are as well as how, when and why they are motivated to purchase your solution? Do you know why they continue to purchase and why they leave?
- Right Solution-Can you deliver a Solution that uniquely meets your Ideal Customer’s buying criteria and emotional needs? Is your solution positioned to maintain its competitive advantage now and in the future?
- Right Message and Timing-Does your Sales and Marketing Message help your Ideal Customers clearly understand how your solution uniquely satisfies their buying criteria and emotional needs? Is your sales message delivered when it will influence the buying decision in your favor?
- Right Strategy-Do your Sales and Marketing Strategies pre-empt your competition by establishing your solution as “the” market standard? Do your Sales and Marketing Strategies educate your market so that you dominate it?
- Right Price-Does the Value delivered by your solution far exceed what your customers pay so that “price” is never the primary factor in the buying decision?
- Right Sales Process-Does your Sales Process make sure the you deploy the right selling effort supported by the right resources to make sure that sales are made in the shortest time with the fewest resources needed to optimize sales, profits and customer loyalty?
- Right Customer Experience-Does your Customer Experience make sure that every Customer Touch reinforces your unique selling proposition and endears customers to your organization while transforming prospects to customers, customers into loyal customers and loyal customers into raving fans?
- Right People– Do you have the Right People in place so that their talents and motivation are fully utilized while executing your sales and marketing strategies.
Each one of these factors is interrelated to the others. If your employees aren’t aligned with your Mission, Vision and Values you’ll be hard pressed to have them deliver customer touches that are consistent with your unique selling proposition. If you have the right message but it’s delivered too early or too late it won’t influence the sale in your favor. If you spend selling effort and resources pursuing customers who don’t need, can’t or won’t buy your solution your sales and profits will suffer. The key to success is to have all nine factors in place and constantly monitor them to make sure they optimally contribute to growing sales, profits and customer loyalty.
For more information on how to Right Size your company contact me at philphilfariscom (philphilfariscom) or call my personal cell 224-829-2156.